Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Why A Child and Youth Worker?

You may ask why I want to be a child and youth worker?
I am the type of person who loves to work with kids of all ages and to be able to help someone out. If i can make someone happy in a day and assist them in achieving something that they really want that will make me very happy. I feel if I were to go to college for a child and youth worker I would be happy with my career choice because there are so many opportunities I can take on with just this one career. Growing up my family didn't have many hard times and I still had lots of problems with my friends and siblings. Being someone who can help another person who is going through and suffering from a lot of problems is something I look forward to. I would like my career if I was going through as this. Other courses I have considered is a social worker and a early childhood education. All in all these careers are basically the same idea and they have  alot of responsibilities in common. I wanna be the person who does the best thing for the child even if that means taking them away from their homes because their parents are abusive in many ways or they just abandoned their children. I want whats best for everyone of all ages.
My family is rather big, I have a younger brother who is 15 and two younger sisters, one that is 7 and one that is 5. When my mom and dad split up it was only me and my brother then my mom got married and had my two sisters. About a year ago they split up and now my brother lives with my step dad and i live with my mom and my two sisters go week about. I am the oldest even with all my cousins so i have learned since i was about 8 to be able to take care and help all different ages of children. When my mom isn't home I have to babysit and I have to deal with my little sister Paige who has hearing aids. One thing i really enjoy doing is being with children and helping them out. I know for a fact that if I do something like this for the rest of my life I will enjoy my job greatly and I will wake up every morning looking forward to going to work and putting a smile on other peoples faces!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment